Xconomy Insight · Special Report
How to Jump 5 Unforeseen Hurdles to Biotech Success – Startup Sourcebook
This guide goes deeper than the last and gathers advice to help entrepreneurs solve some of the toughest—and often unexpected—challenges of creating a life sciences startup. Where possible, we also provide a list of resources for each area.
- Essentials to IP Game Planning
- Make your board of directors a board of enablers
- Incubators become a must in vibrant biotech ecosystems
- The art and science of constructing a cap table
- Hit your mark with a perfect pitch
Insights, wisdom, and inspiration from a carefully selected group of the industry’s best sources on what it truly takes to start a successful biotech company, with examples from their own experience. The contributors:
- Stephen DiPalma – Managing Director, Danforth Advisors
- Tim Ehrlich – Partner, Gunderson Dettmer
- Michael Gilman – Chairman & CEO, Arrakis Therapeutics
- Luba Greenwood – Head, Strategic Business Development and Corporate Ventures, Google Verily
- Thomas Haag – Partner, Intellectual Property Department, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Chris Haskell – Head, Bayer West Coast Innovation Center
- Wendy Nelson – CEO, LeadingBiotech
- Marc Schwabish – Senior VP of BD and US Operations, Fusion Pharma
- Ailis Tweed-Kent – CEO, Cocoon Biotech
- Ramani Varanasi – CEO, X-Biotix Therapeutics
- Carlos N. Velez – Managing Partner, Lacerta Bio Inc.
Solve the toughest and most unexpected challenges of creating a biotech startup. Start by downloading the sourcebook.