Xconomy Insight · Webinar
Biotech Chat: What the Experts Forgot to Tell Me About Getting Started
While you missed the live webinar, you can still watch a recording by following the link below.
In the first installment of the four-part “Trailblazer Series: Secrets for a Biotech Breakthrough” webinar series, we talk to a few entrepreneurs who’ve successfully launched businesses – they’ll provide an informative and entertaining perspective on how to get a biotech firm off the ground, including valuable first-person advice. These leaders will discuss the processes for starting a company that they had to learn on their own and share ideas for protecting assets and technology innovations to reduce the likelihood of imitation by competitors. They’ll help you understand how to start mapping out the resources you’ll need to get your fledgling company off the ground and help you understand what options are available to you so you can prepare your company – from the beginning – for today’s creative funding solutions.
In this webinar, we’ll cover:
- Which resources you’ll need to get launched and how to acquire them
- How successful entrepreneurs keep the end-game in sight, even from the very beginning
- Which funding models are available that best fit your unique business needs
- Ways to protect your intellectual property and capital to avoid a loss of value
- How to plan for, and mitigate, risk along your startup journey
- Sheila DeWitt, Ph.D. – President & CEO, DeuteRx
- Brian Stearns, Ph.D. – Chief Operating Officer, Pipeline Therapeutics
- Zak Zimmerman – CEO & Co-Founder, Forge Therapeutics
- Brian Gillooly (moderator) – Contributing Editor, Xconomy Insight
This webinar is part of the The Trailblazer Series: Secrets for a Biotech Breakthrough. Previous webinars are available on demand.