Chair, Department of Chemical Physiology, The Scripps Research Institute; Co-director, Center for Physiological Proteomics, The Scripps Research Institute
Professor of Systems Biology, Columbia University
Director, Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan
Co-Founder and CEO, Wetpaint
Details from the event site:
Present an idea, form a team, and create an app that will change how we use data! Compete for a chance to win up to $15,000 in cash and an opportunity to join Tata Communications’ Accelerator Lab at NestGSV!
Tata Communications and nestGSV invite you to turn your big data ideas into applications, customer support, loyalty programs, customer insights, user experiences and new products and services. Redwood City and London will be hacking simultaneously for 24 hours!
HOW IT WORKS!
• Come and pitch your idea at the Launch and Team Formation Party on July 8 at 7 PM.
• Get feedback, vote for the best ideas, and form your team!
• Data sets for the weekend will be released and mentors will be at the Launch to help you polish your app ideas.
• Come back on Saturday 10 AM to start hacking with your team
• $30,000 in prizes and the opportunity for incubation at Tata Communications’ Accelerator Lab at nestGSV
• Grand prize for the Global Winning Team: $15,000
• Best App in each city: $5,000
• Incubation Prizes (3 spots available): 3 month incubation in Redwood City
• $5,000 in Spot Prizes
Live streaming! Game corner! Giveaways! Gourmet food!
July 8, 7 PM @ nestGSV: Launch and Team Formation Party
Note: You must attend the Launch Party if you want to participate in the Data Hack!
July 11, 10 AM: Come back and start hacking! Overnight hackathon – bring your sleeping bag
July 12, 10 AM: First Round of Judging and Local Winner Announcement
July 12, 11 AM: Final Round of Judging: Simultaneous Demos in Redwood City and London
July 12, 12:45 PM: Global Winner Announcement
Find the next great idea in data to improve international communication. Tata Communications will provide data that you can use for the hack!
Better customer relationships, incident management, targeted marketing… don’t forget that you can multiply possibilities when crossing the provided data sets with other open data!
One single challenge: Imagine the next big idea in big data and communications!
1. IP Transit – mobile laptops
2. Fixed phone lines
3. Mobile phone lines
The final demos, judging and deliberation will take place at the same time in both the Bay Area and London. Grand prize winners will be announced via LIVE broadcast!
Information and registration here.