BASES Finale 2013
From the event registration site:
Join us for Stanford’s largest entrepreneurship event of the year, as our finalists compete for their share of 150K! The Grand Finale of three BASES competitions: E-Challenge, Social E-Challenge, and Product Showcase.
For the first time in our history, we will have the finalists of E-Challenge and Social E-Challenge pitching to the public in the morning, beginning at 9:00 am, followed by a private judging session in the afternoon. Product Showcase will take place in McCaw Hall, beginning at 12:30 pm.
Schedule of Events
9:00 am to 11:00 am: Public Pitches (E-Challenge & Social E-Challenge)
12:30 pm to 4:00 pm: Product Showcase
4:00 pm to 4:30 pm: Keynote Speaker: Steve Vassallo (Partner at Foundation Capital, former IDEO product manager)
4:30 pm to 5:00 pm: Winners Announced
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm: Grand Finale Mixer
What is BASES? BASES is a student group dedicated to promoting entrepreneurship education and empowering the next generation of entrepreneurs at Stanford University. E-Challenge is our competition focused on ventures in healthcare, cleantech, mobile, and web ventures. Social E-Challenge is for ideas focused on creating social good. Product Showcaseis a hybrid demo day/science fair for teams to showcase their products.
Product Showcase 2013 Finalists: Product Showcase will feature 50 teams that will exhibit working prototypes and demos, covering 5 categories:
- Healthcare & Medtech
- Web & Software
E-Challenge 2013 Finalists:
- Addy is changing how we share locations by enabling people to “create an address” in the form of a short, custom URL.
- ALICE is an artificial intelligence construction scheduler that can reduce schedule durations by an average of 45% as compared to leading industrial solutions.
- Alpha is a series of online lessons and projects dedicating to turning good developers into great ones.
- AWAIR is a medical device company that develops patient-centered airway products for the intensive care unit.
- ChemoFilter is a minimally invasive disposable catheter medical device that could be inserted into the veins of the body similar to a central IV line to directly filter drugs or therapeutic particles out of the blood stream.
- CinderBio technologies have the potential to make cellulosic biomass a practical and profitable renewable energy source by significantly reducing biofuel production costs and fundamentally advancing enzymatic cellulosic degradation.
- DermTap disrupts healthcare by putting a doctor in the palm of your hand. By simply launching the DermTap mobile application and snapping a photo, a patient is able to get a diagnosis and treatment from a dermatologist within minutes.
- Resido Medical is developing Serenity, a medical device that reduces hand tremor in patients suffering from Essential Tremor.
- Simple Emotion implements a patent-pending vocal emotion recognition system to provide solutions and products for the autism community.
Social E-Challenge 2013 Finalists:
- Abeona is building an online platform connecting parents and childcare professionals with goal of improving the wellbeing of children aged zero to five.
- AdaptAir is an innovative product for pediatric patients in the developing world who suffer from life-threatening respiratory illnesses.
- Anjna Patient Education is a non–profit organization dedicated to empowering patients to take control of their own health through mobile (SMS and voice) technology.
- FlameStower is an energy product design and manufacturing company that has developed a small, portable generator to capture heat energy from campfires, cookstoves, any open flame, and convert it direct into electricity.
- Paystik replaces return payment envelopes with printable codes that link a consumer’s smartphone to a digital transaction.
- Vynca is a comprehensive technology platform whose vision is to integrate healthcare information across inpatient (hospital) and outpatient (clinic) settings.
Information and registration here.