Just a Few Slots Left for Napa Summit June 3—Request An Invite
We are just under two weeks away from the Napa Summit 2014: The Xconomy Retreat on the Economy, Jobs, and Growth. It is one of our most special events of the year. Not only does it have an incredible speaker lineup, it is multidisciplinary, offering a rare chance to step out of your zone of expertise to hear from some of the world’s leading innovators in a variety of high-growth and emerging fields. And it is intimate—taking place in a wonderful, relaxed setting, and limited to roughly 90 total attendees, all by invitation only.
It all starts the evening of Monday, June 2, with a winery tour, wine tasting, and dinner at the vaunted Silver Oak Cellars. Then it proceeds on June 3 with the summit itself at the nearby Villagio Inn & Spa. You can find all the details here. Registration is $1,395, which includes the dinner and breakfast and lunch the next day, with discounts for startups and government/non-profits (lodging and travel are separate).
We have just a few attendee spots remaining—both at the Summit itself and in our discounted block of rooms at the Villagio Inn—so if you want to join the fun today’s the day to request an invitation. Just write us at [email protected], and tell us a bit about yourself and what you do. We’re looking for top entrepreneurs, executives, investors, and other leaders in the innovation community.
Again, you can get the full details here. But here are some highlights:
- Dinner chat Rick Wagoner, former CEO of General Motors, moderated by Xconomy founder Bob Buderi
- The day starts off with The Lessons of Steve Jobs, a keynote by former Apple evangelist Guy Kawasaki
- Mick Mountz, founder and CEO of Kiva Systems, the robotics company bought by Amazon
- Edtech chat with George McLendon, provost of Rice University and Ben Nelson from the Minerva Project
- A chat with genomics pioneer Lee Hood, who will detail plans for a massive longitudinal study of wellness
- Special session on crowdfunding with Indiegogo co-founder Danae Ringelmann and Jonathan Medved from OurCrowd
- Deep dive breakouts in design, connected devices, and food technology
- Panel discussions, talks, and chats on education and games; economics and geography; cyber security
- Entrepreneur chat with three founders of consumer-facing startups: TaskRabbit’s Leah Busque, Brian Wong of Kiip, and Mok Oh of Moju Labs
After the last session, around 4pm, we’ll hold a special tasting of sustainably produced wines from Long Meadow Ranch