In honor of our sixth annual Mobile Madness conference, here are six takeaways from Wednesday, to go along with photos from the event:
1. “Mobile” is redundant. Possibly no one under the age of 25 uses the word.
2. The rest of us should be more specific when we say “mobile.” Do we mean smartphones? Tablets? User behaviors?
3. Hot startup sectors around Boston: advertising, connected devices, app development, app testing and promotion, personal health.
4. Smart devices are getting both closer to our bodies and more distributed in the world. That dichotomy is driving the industry.
5. The emotions and psychology of users will always be key to who wins in a given sector.
6. Do one thing. Do it really, really well. Or, find something else and try again (like 90 percent of startups).
Thanks to our event host, the Microsoft New England Research and Development Center, for making its space available. Special thanks to our event sponsors: BDO, IDA Ireland, Mondo, Turnstone, and UK Trade & Investment. And thanks, as always, to our great network of partners, underwriters, and venture capital members.
Enjoy the pictures, and see you next time.
Trending on Xconomy
By posting a comment, you agree to our terms and conditions.