Energy innovation and entrepreneurship have traditionally been hampered by everything from the field’s complexity to its huge infrastructure costs. Today’s groundswell of attention and investment-from both private and government sources-may be changing the odds of success for energy innovation. But is it enough to bring us closer to the ultimate goal of energy independence and significant emissions reductions? Are we focusing investment on the right areas? What are the relative payoffs of efficiency technologies compared to alternative energy sources like wind, solar, and biofuels? Where do new vehicle technologies figure into the mix? What skills do energy entrepreneurs need to succeed today? And, finally, what can the new president do to truly make a difference?
Hear how local and national clean-energy leaders are trying to answer these questions during this evening gathering of entrepreneurs, venture investors, and technologists.
Panel: Energy Innovation
Where are We Today, What’s Coming, and What Do We Really Have to Do?
• Bill Aulet, MIT Entrepreneurship Center (Moderator)
• Christina Lampe-Onnerud, CEO, Boston Power
• Jim Matheson, General Partner, Flagship Ventures; Board member, Ze-gen, Mascoma, and Novomer
• Bill Wiberg, General Partner, Advanced Technology Ventures; Board member, Great Point Energy, Coskata, and Rive Technology
• Donald R. Lessard, Professor of International Management, MIT Sloan School of Management; Co-Chair, MIT Energy Education Task Force
(Clean-Burning) Fireside Chat
• Amory Lovins, Co-Founder, Chairman, and Chief Scientist, Rocky Mountain Institute
• Paul Maeder, General Partner, Highland Capital Partners
Meet the CEOs of select energy startups who will provide 30-second introductions to their companies.
Registration begins at 5:30 pm.
The program begins at 6:00 pm.
A networking reception will follow the program.
Registration Information ** SOLD OUT **
Early Bird Registration (ends November 11): $95.00 ** SOLD OUT **
Regular Registration: $150.00 ** SOLD OUT **
Student Registration: $35.00 ** SOLD OUT **
Tickets are transferable but not refundable.