The DNA of Entrepreneurship: Lessons Learned Across the Generations
The MIT Enterprise Forum presents a fireside chat on how entrepreneurship is born – and how it can be passed from parent to progeny and from mentor to mentee. The speakers include:
- George Hatsopoulos, founder and chairman emeritus of Thermo Electron Corporation (now Thermo Fisher Scientific), which he managed from inception through its growth to become a multi-billion-dollar pillar of the Boston business community
- His daughter Marina Hatsopoulos, founding CEO of Z Corporation, which was sold in 2005 for multiples of revenue
- Gabriel Schmergel, former president and CEO of Genetics Institute Inc., a biopharma pioneer acquired by Wyeth in 1996
- His son Greg Schmergel, serial entrepreneur and co-founder, president & CEO of Nantero, a groundbreaking nanotechnology company
- Moderator: Doug Banks, Editor, Mass High Tech
Forum members $20, non-members $30. More information here.